In Balance Therapy's Client Testimonials
Thanks to Gabriele, my mindset has shifted on all fronts. Although there are still times I don’t feel myself, or I get stuck comparing my life now to that in the past, I have the tools to combat those negative thoughts and center myself in the present. Gabriele has helped me look inward, give myself grace, and remain steady even in the most turbulent times. No matter if the session was mainly my venting or a relaxed guided meditation, I always left feeling lighter. Her humor and welcoming nature oftentimes made it feel like I was just going over to a friend’s to chat – but it was so much more.
Therapy in general has also been invaluable for the way it has taught me more about myself, my thought processes, why I react to situations to way I do, and how to accept myself fully. Gabriele does a great job with both providing the tools to help work through various struggles and explaining the psychology behind each practice.
Not only has Gabriele helped with intrapersonal conflicts, but I also have her to thank for strengthening other relationships in my life. Upon expressing some points of tension between my partner and me during a session, Gabriele kindly offered to sit down with both of us in a couples therapy test-run. I gladly took her up on the offer and could not be more grateful. My partner and I each had our own individual perspectives on what were reasonable wants or needs in a relationship, but the opportunity to voice those feelings to a third party was incredibly beneficial. Gabriele helped us understand where the other was coming from and how to find a middle ground for compromise. She also taught us new communication tools, which are invaluable to the way we now handle conflicts. It also made us a huge fan of couples therapy in general – especially when used to create a solid foundation before issues arise.
I also really appreciate how Gabriele made it known she was always available when needed, and for being flexible whenever I had scheduling issues arise. Overall, I could not be more happy with what I have gained from my time with Gabriele - and my therapy journey in general. Sadly, I do not live in the Bay Area anymore, but it is a great comfort to know Gabriele is still there for me whenever I may need her.
- Dr. Goodman came as a guest speaker for our teenage dancers to talk to them about anxiety and performance anxiety. Our objective was to open a conversation with our students about something so many teens today struggle with. Her presentation style was casual and comfortable, and they were engaged and asked great questions. Dr. Goodman was clearly an expert in this topic, and provided information and resources that will be invaluable for those who participated. We sincerely look forward to a relationship with her in the future, and greatly appreciate her sharing her expertise and time with us.- Aimee Martel. 8/21/2019
- ur Review Dr. Goodman has been a God send, I am a chronic pain sufferer,, I also suffer from anxiety and depression as a result of multiple surgeries from on the job injuries. Her knowledge, skill set and compassion for her patients is impeccable, she is absolutely amazing and she cares, I'm not just a number. Dr. Goodman has helped me manage my pain symptoms mentally through therapy, using multiple therapeutic techniques. She is my peace beneath the storm that I weather on a daily basis. She has thought me to fight everyday to live with pain and to enjoy the life that I have been given although I will never be pain free. I feel completely safe with her, and I look forward to seeing her for every session. I dont know who or where I'd be without her in my life. Sincerely K. Wright Copy to clipboard- Karen Wright. 8/19/2019
- Dr. Goodman is truly an amazing woman who is a master at her craft. I started seeing her almost 2 years ago and starting therapy with her was one of the best things I’ve done. Not only have I noticed a change in myself, but my closet friends have commented on the positive change Gabby has had on me. She has helped me navigate my mid 20’s whether it be friendships, romantic relationships, my family dynamics or even my career moves. She holds me accountable and is an amazing sounding board for tough conversations and figuring out next steps that I’ve struggled asking for help with. She’s challenges me, she’s holds no judgement and I feel safe turning to her with everything. She has given me permission to grow in ways I didn’t know I needed. Thanks Gabby :)- Hailey Nethery. 7/30/2019
- Dr. Goodman is a very personable doctor. I really like how involved she is and straight forward. I love how compassionate and caring she is.- Ally Brown. 0/23/2018
- Dr. Gabriele Goodman was a big help in helping pick up the pieces in my life. She is very caring and understanding and really knows how to make me feel comfortable in opening up and dealing with issues that held me back in the past from healing. I highly recommend Dr. Goodman, She is great!- Monica S. 0/13/2018